A few days before the much awaited day of the year. A day to remind us of the blissful feelings of amore. It’s certainly an excuse to be extra cheesy to our loved ones. But, what about your date? We know, pre-planning is super tough and requires a budget and more than a bit of coordination. Well, Drive Manila’s got you covered to plan that romantic date for your bae. Take your pick from these Valentine’s day plans to make your Valentine go, “Awww!”
The Classic: Wines and Kisses
Surely, food is the ingredient that binds people. So why not lovers? “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate,” as Alan Wolfet said. So take your the, to a cozy, quiet, romantic place like, a restaurant. Start with a perfect ambience, good food – sweet dessert and wine, made sweeter by sweet conversation. Here are some perfect locations for the occasion and some even come with views of the night sky.
- Van Gogh is Bipolar, Maginhawa QC
- Sky deck View Bar, Intramuros Manila
Crawl under the blanket and see good movies
Movies are entertaining but watching movies with your Valentine is something else. Cuddling, holding hands, hand kisses call in those fluttering butterflies. But forget Netflix and Chill, dig in the whole theater experience. Get them at:
- Cinema ‘76 Film Society, Anonas Quezon City – this movie house provides a homey atmosphere, and you are provided with pillows and blankets for that literal and romantic warmth between the two of you.
- La Luz Beach Resort in Laiya, Batangas – few hour’s drive from Manila and you’ll get to spend a romantic movie night by the beach. How special! The perfect time, perfect place, with the perfect person.
Are you into art? Do you appreciate glancing into artwork while also looking at your date thinking they’re the greater masterpiece? So sweet! Then how about Valentine’s date at an art museum?
- Pinto Art Museum, Antipolo – a few kilometers’ drive from Metro Manila and you can have an eyeful of edgy artwork, plant-yful all in Antipolo’s cool climate. Also, if you haven’t been there for a while, Pinto Art recently opened a new wing, with more Instagrammable spots.
- Art Sector, Binangonan Rizal – gaze at the beautiful sunset while chilling with drink with your partner. This is perfect for IG-addicts, this place boasts very instagramable scenes. Perfect for her feed and post Valentine’s flexing! Make sure, you’ll take countless shots, multiple angles and keep your model workin’ it.
Up to your ears with love
Music is life and our heart beats to the music of life. Woo your date to listen to heartwarming music.
Here’s a tip: Make cupid’s job a lot easier by secretly requesting the artist to perform your ‘theme song’ or fave song of all time and, see the happiness burst. What could be more touching than that? That might just get your date to say, “Awww!” and that is awesome music to the ears. For your Valentine Jam you can listen to these live performances:
- Cosmos at the UP Fair 2020, UP Sunken Garden Diliman, Quezon City – lots of cool, awesome performers you won’t wanna miss!
- 12 Monkeys Music Hall and Pub, Pasig – with the icon Parokya ni Edgar, experience the live ‘Harana’ from the band.
Climb to the top with her
Looking for adventure this Valentine’s? Maybe you’re a power couple and like to sweat it out. It’s a good thing Valentines falls on a Friday this year as it works well into a long weekend. Climb beautiful mountains and reap the rewards of your climb.. At the peak, give a big hug and do that crazy loud “I LOVE YOU” to the mountains. Use the adrenaline and the altitude as an excuse for crazy grand romantic gestures. Maybe forever begins now. Who knows, this might even be the perfect place to pop the question. Plan it on any one of these summits:
- Mount Pulag, Benguet
- Mount Ulap, Benguet
If you thought the last suggestion was too exhausting for you, here’s a chill suggestion next. These places offer special valentines promos for couples, which will allow the both of you to breathe, and for a while escape the everyday stress of your lives. De-stress at:
- Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens Spa, Antipolo
- Rockpoint Hotspring Resort and Spa, Calamba, Laguna
Not just a one sunflower, bouquet of roses or a dozen of tulips, but- an entire flower farm
Perhaps the most mainstream gesture of Valentines is the giving of flowers. How about give it a twist? Why buy her flowers when you can bring her to an entire field of flowers? And the good news is, you don’t have to climb mountains, ford streams, or follow rainbows to get there. These farms are located in Binangonan and Baras, Rizal. Less than three-hours drive from Manila and boom! You will have a picture perfect moment together with, growing, glowing beautiful flowers! And who doesn’t love flowers?
- The Cellosian Flower Farm
- 10,000 Tulips by Thunderbird Resort and Casino
Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a fairytale. This is the perfect time to be grateful to the person who made you theirs. Might as well give them a memorable surprise. Love stays by working on it with effort, time, and moments of excitement with their partner. And while others may say and say “Sana all”, celebrate and nurture your long lost missing piece, your better half, your soulmate, ‘the one’. Spend time and make the most out of it and make them smile. Happy Valentine’s to you all and, take note! Be sure to avoid the hassle of traffic the busy Payday-Friday of Valentine’s day. Rent a car. Drive PH is there to help with a fast, reliable car renting service with a variety of options. Drive your Valentine to a place they’ll never forget.
Download the Drive mobile app on GooglePlay Store for android users and on Apple AppStore for iOS users. Like Drive Manila page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/drivemanilaph and Drive Tours at www.facebook.com/drivetoursph and be updated with their promos. (Pioneer in providing a mobile app for self driven cars and tours in the Philippines)
Have a Happy Hearts Day!